A Single Point of Access for Healthy Lifestyle Services
Brighton & Hove City Council Healthy Lifestyles Team provide single point of access to a range of healthy lifestyle services for Brighton and Hove residents who would like to make healthy lifestyle changes.
Access to all of the following healthy lifestyle services can be made via a referral to the Healthy Lifestyles Team:
- Weight Management Support: (Adults and families) BeeZee Bodies deliver weight management programmes on behalf of Brighton and Hove City Council. BeeZee Bodies provide a variety of free programmes for adults and families who are looking to get healthier and manage their weight
- Health Trainers: (Adults aged 18+) Free and confidential support to make realistic and manageable lifestyle changes, through one-to-one support, guidance and signposting. This includes supporting patients to eat more healthily, become more physically active, drink less alcohol, and stop smoking
- Smoking Cessation Support (Adults aged 18+): Face-to-face advice and support, and nicotine replacement therapies to smokers wanting to quit. Within the city these services are available either through GP practices, local pharmacies, or Health Trainers
- Increasing Physical Activity Levels:(Adults and Families) Support to access the Active for Life Programme of local activities- free and low cost community based physical activities provided by the Healthy Lifestyles Team, including Healthwalks
- Signposting, support and information to access services for Drug and alcohol support, wellbeing support, befriending services, support for managing long term conditions and other services within the city.
For more information:
Call: 01273 294589
Referral Forms for the Healthy Lifestyle Service are available:
- In the EMIS 'BH Global documents' or 'BH Global Templates' folder
- In the SystmOne Organisation Group folder
Please note we also accept self-referrals online at www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/healthylifestyles or via the phone number above.