For emergency information, please contact the Mental Health Rapid Response Service (MHRRS) on 03003 040078
Please see the Dementia page
Services for Children (under 18)
Please see Children's and Adolescent Mental Health Service for clinicians page.
Mental Health Rapid Response Service (MHRRS)
Call 03003 040078
The MHRRS offers assessments for patients suffering from mental health problems who are at risk and may not be able to keep themselves safe, or are considering attending accident and emergency for help with their mental health. MHRRS is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and health professionals, carers or patients can ring for advice.
Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS) 5-day Referral
Priority referral (to be seen within 5 days) must be phoned in to the ATS Triage Point.
Call 03003 040095
The ATS 5-day service arranges priority assessments for:
- Patients whose mental health will deteriorate significantly if not seen quickly
- Patients whose risk of harm to themselves or others is increasing significantly
Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS) 28 Day Referral
Refer via the Referral Management Service (please use the ATS 28 Day Referral Form) or call 03003 040095
Non-GP referrers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to refer.
- A patient experiencing a relapse of their psychosis
- A patient with several co-existing mental health conditions requiring assessment and multi-disciplinary treatment
- A patient with multiple health, mental health, and social care needs
- A patient requiring a multi-modal complex intervention (e.g. in the case of significant trauma or abuse in early life or overlapping Personality Disorder and mental health conditions requiring an integrated therapeutic approach to treatment).
Brighton and Hove Eating Disorder Service (BHEDS)
Address: East Brighton Community Mental Health Centre, Brighton General Hospital, Elm Grove, Brighton, BN2 3EW
Please see the Brighton and Hove Eating Disorder Service Referral Form page for referral forms
For information on the Children, Young People and Families Eating Disorder Service, please see the Children and Young People's Mental Health Information for Clinicians page.
Perinatal Mental Health Service
Please follow the link for the Perinatal Mental Health Referral Form
Please see Clinical Prescribing Documents and Resources - Central Nervous System for Perinatal Mental Health Prescribing Guidelines
Silvercloud Online Service
The Silvercloud service is a free online service providng Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and resources for managing mental health. You can find more information here: bhws.silvercloudhealth.com/signup/ This is also the starting page for patients to access the service
You can find informtion for practice screens in the table below.
Trauma Response Guidance
Below you can find resources for mental health support for people affected by traumatic events.
- Coping with Stress Following a Major Incident: a leaflet for patients and the public
- Psychological First Aid Guide for Field Workers
London Bridge attack post-incident support pathways for adults, children and young people
The resources listed below have been developed to support those people who are experiencing distress following the London Bridge attack. They are aimed at clinicians supporting people who are affected by traumatic events.
- London incident support pathway for children and young people: This document outlines the multi-agency care pathway for children, young people aged up to 18 years and their families who were directly or indirectly affected by the terrorist attack in London on 3 June 2017. The pathway has been developed using the Thrive framework (Anna Freud Centre and Tavistock and Portman NHS, 2014).
- Information sheet for CAMHS services: This provides information to those providing CAMHS services and useful resources.
- Information sheet for GPs: As GPs may be the first point of contact for people affected by the incident, this information sheet gives guidance to GPs and useful resources.
Please see https://www.healthylondon.org/mental-health/pathways for more information.
Feedback on Providers
Please follow the link to send us feedback on service providers